Tidal wave of info & my clumsy, foggy-brained trial

To my Lyme-wise nurse practitioner's credit, she was so excited to identify her most passionate diagnosis as the source of my woes, that she wanted me to have all the information she'd worked so hard to research and compile, immediately. While I was still processing the fact I'd be told I had a bug-induced disease, she was scribbling book names and websites while mentioning herbs I needed to begin immediately. Those weren't written down, so I was to find them in one of the dozen resources written on the page resting on a note, informing my employer I could no longer travel for work through the end of the year. It was too much information for five minutes, and combined with the Lyme-brain fog, I retained very little of it.
Driven by fear and panic, I spent the next week attempting to learn and do it all simultaneously. Fortunately, Brian had a working brain and remembered enough from the visit to decipher her notes. His mom printed the articles for me, while Brian ran to the Herbal Store to find the herbs. I remembered her mentioning three, so we'd searched the website links listed until we found one with a 3 part herb protocol. Slow to process the work release, we'd driven straight to Eureka, almost four hours away, to fulfill my sales call appointments, and thus found ourselves in Lyme-literate country. Brian's trip to the herb store was fruitful. They had plenty of recommendations but no instructions on how to take them. Teasel root was supposed to "tease" the Lyme spirochetes out of hiding into the bloodstream, where they could be vulnerable to antibiotics. Anxious to rid myself of these tiny beasts and ignoring the fact that I wasn't yet taking antibiotics, I read the bottle and drank a full 15 drop dose. Spoiler alert: The recommended base dosage of Teasel root for a Lyme-ee is ONE drop the first day. Along with the mega-overdose of Teasel root, I also took a "Bullseye" pill and witch's brew concoction of brown paper-bagged herbs, including Japanese Knotweed, Cat's Claw and Andrographis. Instant cure? Not exactly. After feeling what seemed like the onset of a heart attack and panic attack, combined with the rebellious ache of every joint in my body and head, as well riding a full blown emotional rollercoaster, I reluctantly cancelled my appointments and spent the next three days in bed. Every Lyme-related symptom I'd ever felt showed up for the grand finale firework display of my immune system's inflammatory response. It was hell. But I was sure at this point of two things: 1. I did, conclusive blood test or not, have Lyme's Disease; and 2. I needed to consult a LLMD (Lyme-literate medical doctor) and get a specific, strategic Lyme Protocol plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grow Your Friends

Wired this way?

Learning to Live with Lyme